Last Updated on June 1, 2011
SWAP!T Zone does not send Spam or sell email addresses.
About SWAP!T Zone and the Information We Collect
Profile Information submitted by Members to SWAP!T Zone
SWAP!T Zone is an online social networking community that connects people through networks of friends for communicating, ,making new friends and swapping items. To accomplish this, each SWAP!T Zone Member creates his or her own profile, which contains the personal information that the Member chooses to include. This personal information includes such things as:
- First name or first and last names of the Member (depending on the options selected by the Member),
- Gender, age, martial status and other, similar personal information,
- Schools attended or companies with whom the Member is associated,
- Location (e.g., city and state), and
- Photos, videos or other shared content uploaded by the Member to his or her profile, to the extent that it includes personal information.
Other Information submitted by Members to SWAP!T Zone
SWAP!T Zone also collects Member-submitted account information such as name and email address to identify Members, send notifications related to the use of the SWAP!T Zone service and conduct market research and marketing for SWAP!T Zone's internal use only. You should also be aware that Members may reveal other personal information while communicating on other areas of the SWAP!T Zone website, e.g., while participating in discussions on SWAP!T Zone Groups and/or posting information on SWAP!T Zone Blogs. This information, in turn, might be viewed by other Members or visitors to the SWAP!T Zone website who are not Members.
Information Not Directly Submitted by Members or Other Website Users to SWAP!T Zone
Finally, we also collect some information from Members, as well as from other visitors to the SWAP!T Zone website, that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered from all Members and visitors to the website.
Use of Information Obtained by SWAP!T Zone
Sharing by Members of Profile Information
The personal information of a Member contained in his or her profile will be shown as mentioned below:
- "Friends" which consists only of that Member's friends will see your full name, email id, date of birth, sex, your address & phone number.
- "Friends of Friends" which consists of that Member's friends, as well as the extended group of people who are friends of that Member's friends, and "Anyone" which is all visitors to the SWAP!T Zone website, whether or not they are SWAP!T Zone members will only be able to see your full name, City, State & Country. They will also be able to see the items you’ve posted for swaps.
PLEASE NOTE THAT, REGARDLESS OF WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION A MEMBER CHOOSES TO INCLUDE IN HIS OR HER PROFILE, CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER WILL BE INCLUDED IN THAT MEMBER'S "PUBLIC PROFILE," WHICH IS AN ABBREVIATED VERSION OF A SWAP!T ZONE PROFILE. PUBLIC PROFILES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SWAP!T ZONE WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT THE USER IS A MEMBER
Display of Members' Information
Except where a Member might choose to include a full name in his or her profile, a Member's email address and full name will only be used in the following circumstances:
- When the Member invites a friend via email to become a SWAP!T Zone Member,
- When the Member sends a request to another Member to add the other Member to his or her friend list,
- When we send notifications to the Member relating to his or her use of the SWAP!T Zone service or SWAP!T Zone website, and
- If the Member so chooses, when we send regular notifications, weekly updates, or other news regarding the SWAP!T Zone service or the SWAP!T Zone website.
SWAP!T Zone's Use of Members' Information
We use information relating to each Member's server information, IP address, and browser-type.
Sharing of the Information this Site Gathers/Tracks
Correcting/Updating or Removing Information
REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN CHANGE THE GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO MAY VIEW YOUR PROFILE AT ANY TIME. YOU CAN CHANGE THESE PROFILE SHARING SETTINGS BY CLICKING THE "SETTINGS" LINK IN THE TOP, RIGHT CORNER OF THE SWAP!T ZONE HOMEPAGE. ALSO, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU'VE SUBMITTED TO THE SWAP!T ZONE WEBSITE, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN YOUR SWAP!T ZONE PROFILE, BY CLICKING THE "EDIT PROFILE" LINK ON YOUR SWAP!T ZONE PROFILE PAGE.
Invite a Friend
If a Member elects to use our "Invite" feature to invite a friend to become a Member of the SWAP!T Zone service, we ask them for that friend's email address. SWAP!T Zone will automatically send the friend an email inviting them to join the site. SWAP!T Zone stores this email address for the purpose of: (i) automatically adding the respondent to the “friends list” of the Member sending the invitation; (ii) sending reminders of the invitation and (iii) sending emails on recent updates by the Member on SWAP!T Zone to the Member's invited friend. SWAP!T Zone will never sell these email addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders. Any person who receives an invitation may contact SWAP!T Zone to request the removal of this information from our database.
The SWAP!T Zone account of every Member is password-protected. SWAP!T Zone takes every precaution to protect the information of the Members, as well as information collected from other users of the SWAP!T Zone website. We use industry standard measures to protect all information that is stored on our servers and within our database. We limit the access to this information to those employees who need access to perform their job function such as our customer service personnel. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us.
Members who no longer wish to receive our weekly email updates or other email notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the applicable email or by logging-in and changing their settings in the "Account Settings" section of the SWAP!T Zone website. You can access this page by clicking on the "Settings" link on the top right of your SWAP!T Zone homepage.
Third Party Advertising
Members and Users Located Outside of the United States of America
Contacting SWAP!T Zone